Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the big bad box

For one reason or another, I have deemed the television as evil & have made concerted
efforts not to indulge too often. So my mere weekly movie is a cherished event. But as of
late the experience has been lacking. In rationalizing this indulgence, I've
tried to choose either documentaries, foreign films or only those rated with four stars. (the two most recent being "Jules & Jim" & "Um Filme Falado/A Talking Picture"). Perhaps in the future I need to do more research on the specific movies, rather than judging from the little tag attached... Anyways, I guess I'm hardwired. Disney has ruined me. The aforementioned movies have many notable gems, yet not enough to satisfy. These two precious hours of the week need to be at least entertaining, but hopefully enlightening. And frankly I like happy endings. Andy comments, "I wish life were like the movies". I supposed I'm glad it's not...

No comments: