We thoroughly enjoyed Happy & Grandpa's visit. But it went too fast...
Apple teeth & Grammy
Otis, Emerson, Ezra & Carter
This past week we drove down to D.C. for a meeting, spent way too much time in the car, but were able to see a lot of friends and family - so it was worth it. (I'm not sure if Ezra feels the same way).
We left Vermont wearing long johns & winter jackets to be greeted by lovely 80 degree weather.
Fall is in full swing here - beautiful.
Red Apple Cider - delicious.
We're gearing up for the winter in this big 'ol house. Found a wood stove on Craigslist. Going to attempt to make lined curtains. Plasticizing the windows. Insulated the pipes. Trying to convert my wardrobe to wool. Hung blankets in the door ways. Eat hot oatmeal every morning + consuming lots of additional delicious calories in a variety of forms. Layering clothes.
Not sure when we'll turn on the heat... Maybe we need a few more visitors. We have plenty of hats and scarfs to go around!
I guess it will be a good thing that we will be gone for December & January.
4 comments:
Kelly is getting apples on Thursday so we will soon be up to our necks in cider, sauce and pie filling. Tis the season!
I love the look of "red" cider... what's the difference?
I am SO excited to see you guys in December.
Betina -
this website lists several red fleshed apple verities including photos of Red Devil... which looks a lot like the apples they found... supper tasty, and the apple sauce tastes tart enough that you think cranberries were added... oh so good!
Happy and Grandpa had lots of fun! It was hard for them to leave but now they can focus on all the work at the Court Yard! That cider looks yummy!
I miss you guys!! We just did cider at Kelly's and it was a ton of fun!.
I'm glad you had a nice visit.
WE have to get together in Dec!
Post a Comment