We've spent the past week in Utah while Andy worked the opening weekend at DV - I opted out. Can't believe it is our 10th season helping out at Deer Valley. We were able to drive nearly all the way to the cabin, although we didn't stay long. Needless to say, the natural snow hasn't arrived (although, as we flew out this afternoon, it had been snowing all morning). I do not think it's burn out, or that we have become disenchanted, but all week we both wondered if we are ready to move on from this altogether. We'll see...perhaps it was just the doldrums. It didn't help that the trip ended at the clinic. Man-made snow, new skis, or just plain dumb luck may have been the culprit in Andy's little tree encounter yesterday. Thankfully, he is okay. Everything checked out fine. He'll just be pretty sore for a while. I guess the first emergency room visit in 10 years isn't all that bad... Ugh. And soon there will be two other little ones right behind. I best get used to it.
Sadly, no pictures were taken at all. Guess there was nothing special to document there.
*Note: One discovery we did make - a metal ladle makes the perfect snowball.
We're back in Washington for a bit. A nice feeling...
2 comments:
When you get some free time we should hang out!
I would love to see you guys!
You were in Utah and did not call so that I could see those cute boys of yours. You have to promise not to come into Utah again and not at least call!
Post a Comment