After spending the last few weeks in Utah, we are excited to say we are "home" for a bit. Although our home has now moved (will post more on that soon). For three months we have been living out of our suitcases, which unfortunately multiplied (due to birthdays, holidays, thrift store finds we just had to bring with us across the country...) The experience at the airport was classic. I am embarrassed to admit it, but we pushed the limits. All six of our checked baggage exceeded 50 lbs. We each had 2 carry-ons (including Otis), including the extra clothing that we had to tie around our bodies so that our bags would be under the weight limit. Plus the token grocery bag of food. And of course the trek bike trailer that I found for $15!!! that had to make the trip. Then to top it off, the lovely baggage attendant would not let us check-in the car seats - so those came with us through the airport too. I even had a few items confiscated by the authorities. That made my day. The boys did amazing, better than us I think. Fortunately we had the trusty-in-need-of-a-new-muffler van on the other end to pick us up with all of our crap. Plain silliness.
Some would think that us, conscious-minded folk, would have it more together. So false.
It's my new goal. To live more deliberately. Not just get by. Not just make it through the day.
It feels good to be back in Vermont. Missing everyone though. Home is where the heart is...
2 comments:
hahaah. I can just imagine you guys hauling through the airport with all that stuff.
I'm excited to hear about your new house.
That's very funny! I'm glad that you guys are back safe. Are the boys feeling better? We miss you already!
Post a Comment