Tuesday, March 17, 2009

days/daze...


Hopefully this is the last of the snow! Yeah, right...

So we got all settled and Andy returned to Utah again for another two weeks of "work".
I don't think I'm cut out to parent on my own. It's a good thing we moved into a co-housing community. Neighbors are sharing dinners. Otis goes outside by himself for a few hours and I'm not the least worried. I occasionally glance out the window and he's laying flat on his back in a hole he just dug in the dirt.

The weather's finally turned. Cyclists are out in droves. I love this time of year. If I get my act together and all the right parts in the same place, hopefully the boys and I'll get out too.

We're currently tapping the sugar maples. Just another reason we love it here. Always looking on the bright side...

The O man started pre-school last week. On wednesdays, for 2 1/2 hours in the morning. He loved it and it didn't even phase him when we left. It is held at a huge farm. They play in the mud. There were lambs in the classroom. He mostly just played with the tractors. I guess it is good he gets used to being a farmer. On a disconcerting note, he continually is asking what... all-of-the-time. It has gradually become worse over the last few weeks. At first I thought it was just a silly habit. I finally took him to the clinic to see if there was an ear infection. Nothing. Will try a specialist next. Or at least a hearing test. It was mentioned that it could be a reason why he talks so loud... I dunno. I hope it is nothing.

Ezra Ezra. Funny kid. On the brink of something.

Another first today. Went to a ski resort in the east. Didn't ski (couldn't actually bring myself to pay for it) ... but we strapped on Otis's skis and trudged around in the slush for a while. A nice way to spend the day. We're on a one day home - one day out rotation. It works pretty well.

We'll make it through... with some extra chocolate.

2 comments:

Betina said...

Oakley needs to be in that preschool.

Sometimes I envy your laid back sharing life. Then I remember I am a control freak and could never do it. In the end, though, you'll be the winner.

We miss you.

the herd said...

That sounds like the best pre-school ever! How fun is that?

Ezra. Well, just feed him! That's what he wants!