Friday, March 7, 2008

hard lessons

I guess I skipped over the chapter about laundry & kids.

-- make sure there are no green crayons in pockets before putting into the dryer. ouch...

-- do not leave your child in a room unsupervised with baskets of folded laundry & clothes stacked neatly away on their respective shelves. ugh....

-- i know poop is an all-too-common theme among households w/ young ones, but seriously, it's one thing to have to change poopy diapers, wipe off poopy toilets, spray & wash blow out after blow out, but having to pick up three weeks of diapers for three little ones scattered all over the yard (dumb dogs...wait, no dumb humans for just leaving bags of garbage on the back porch) is not what i signed up for to do. i could be exaggerating a bit, but still. poop...

Otis has also discovered the novelty peeing outside. This is now his bathroom. Good thing we live in-the-middle-of-nowhere-usa. I try & suggest to find a tree. Unfortunately this rule doesn't apply to Happy's trees inside the house. That's another hard one to learn.

He also continues to have these obsessive tendencies. A year ago, you could tell it was getting to be bedtime when he would "start organizing" - moving a pile of books, or things from one place to another. Nowadays he's into just moving everything in the room into a gigantic pile. Needless to say, it's becoming a bit exasperating. Not sure why we all just sit there and watch this happen, perhaps because it's quite impressive. Lately he's been also spouting off lists. Not exactly sure what they all are, it's possible it is knowledge bank. Lists of people he knows, songs he know, big machines he knows. Just off to himself. Okay.

I'm glad these guys are so darn cute. It makes it a bit easier to deal with all the "fun" times.



3 comments:

Maria D-E. said...

the photo of Grandpa and the boys in their matching Carhartts is adorable!

they should become a country 'jug band'!
love to all
peter

Letty said...

Oh, sorry to hear about the laundry/poo/disorderly conduct. The funny thing is that one say we will look back and miss the pitter patter of little feet and the mess that comes with it...at least that is what I keep telling myself.

Betina said...

I guess I just have to ask you... the other day, when Otis was mistaken for a girl several times, did he have the pigtails in? Because if he did... well.... umm....