Thursday, March 13, 2008

'tis the season

I organized the first bike ride of the season last weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't on it...but really glad that Andy was able to get out. I'm trying to be good and give myself 2 more weeks recovery, not that it will make much difference-definitely feeling very blobbish. So glad for the recent sunny days. So glad for the extra hour of sunlight. Excited to see how the double trailer will work with the two tikes. Another exciting event on the bike front is Andy FINALLY splurged and bought an assist for his bike today. Now the commute will be a bit more doable. Driving 60+ miles a day has literally been driving him crazy. Perhaps he can now refocus some of that energy into his thesis. He's so close. We're so ready...to ride our bikes...

As one man puts it, "in the bicycle, a perfect metaphor and organizing principle for thinking globally and acting locally, an arduous and fanatical way of demonstrating that some of the answers to the abiding problems of our time are to be found right under our noses, with the humble decisions that hundreds of millions of us make every day about what things to buy, how to stay warm, how to get from A to B."

That being said, lets tune up those bikes!


... or trikes :)

2 comments:

Letty said...

I took my first ride a couple of days ago and it was lovely.
I can't wait until we can all get to do a ride together...before you leave...sigh.

the herd said...

Jori, this is a great blog. I've been enjoying all of your posts. Otis cracks me up!