Thursday, September 11, 2008

pass it on...

Like most others we know, we've been trying to get organized, plan, create, maximize...

I can't seem to get it together from books, special computer programs, or even having extra time. Lists help (thanks b:). Calendars are a good start - but a gentle shove in the right direction from someone else seems to motivate considerably, therefore:

...i must stop taking a load to the thrift store & coming home with an equal amount of stuff.

...just because it's free, doesn't mean that our house is a good home for it.

...i do not need a gazillion shirts, pants, shoes in the closet just in case I "need" that specific article of clothing for that "special" occasion.

...I must not let food spoil in our own kitchen (especially if it's been processed, shipped, trucked from all the way around the world-gasp!).

But what I do need to do is:

1. Start planting - anything & everything...yesterday.

2. Rescue things that need rescuing (like veggies spoiling in gardens, beautiful pears falling to the ground, unloved & unnoticed plums on a college campus, gobs of concord grapes just hanging around). Even if we don't do anything with them, pass them on to others in need.
This goes the same for bikes...(although we need to be a little more proactive on this front :).

3. Just start. And keep going. And pass it on...

2 comments:

Betina said...

Ok, so I made up a recipe for some great plum syrup. I basically omitted a bunch of sugar from last year's preserve recipe and added chunky plums. If you need something to do with the college campus plums, I'd be happy to email you my recipe. It is really yummy. I was going to give a bunch away, but now I think I will just save it all to eat by myself. :)

Letty said...

Nice list..I really need to work on that a bit.