Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mirrors





It is crazy-scary to see our reflections in Otis (some of which should not be mentioned). He's saying "ummm" an awful lot. 
He slurps up all remnants in bowls & licks plates clean. He takes big bites & just swallows. Brushes his teeth just the same. Checks to see if his clothes are stinky. I am grateful that he does like his greens (thanks daddy-o, for that one). 

He goes to sleep by himself now, and all it takes is singing one song - be it James Taylor, The Beatles, or whatever Christmas carol is in my head. This has now become a duet since he knows all the words. Oh goodness, I can't believe there's going to be two of these little guys around.

On that front, no big movement yet...just all the painful anticipation. The good Doctor is off for the long weekend (plus Andy could get a bunch of work done) & our favorite nurse only works on Wednesdays. So I'm hoping he'll come on, or after the 20th. Not sure what the little one has in mind though. I could go the "scheduling" route, after all, something like 93% of all births are now elected. I just don't think I could make that call - it's like jumping out of an airplane. No thanks.


            the bump







1 comment:

Rachel H. said...

Hey Jori, it's Rachel, Melissa's little sister. My #2 turns 1 year next month, and all I can tell you about having 2 little boys is that the first 3 months are crazy, but it gets more managable. And #2 is equally amazing as #1, but just in his own unique way. Congrats!
Rachel Howard